Sunday, October 19, 2008

Art + Genius = Banksy



Ive been following this guy for some time now, and somehow, I cant help but feel like he's following me! Well, his artwork at least.
Bansky, the British graffiti artist (the man responsible for the giant sized rats over looking the streets of Canal and Soho) is currently taking New York by storm. And word on the street is he's here to set up shop...literally!
In fact, today I had the pleasure of checking out his "pet store" myself. Banksy's Pet store underlines the idea that there are two sides, or better yet, two key elements of art. The side in which an individual manipulates a specific medium to create "art", and then the other, in which "art" manipulates a specific individual to create thought. Hence the phrase: "Thought provoking ".
Banksy's pet store is an iconic example of bringing ideas to life.....no really, thats what he did.

Check out the site, then take a trip to the shop. Trust me its worth it!

http://thevillagepetstoreandcharcoalgrill.com/

3 comments:

GRN[pea] said...

"I have a strange craving for some chick'n right now," said GRNpea.

RIPMC said...

Thats interesting. It seems to be most people's (at the exhibit) initial reaction, including my own..

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am selling various prints by:

D*Face
Banksy (DiFaced tenner) and others
Cauty
Sick Boy
Faile and others.

If you are interested, Please email me at artstar2009@gmail.com

Thanks!