Wednesday, October 15, 2008

BROOKLYN!

I must begin by saying..... I EFFIN' LOVE BROOKLYN! (now that I've gotten that off my chest...)
While hangin' wit my homie Lychelle, we stumbled across this footage. Tears almost came to our eyes, in that moment, we officially wished we could unlatch the gates of time and place ourselves back into the youthful hands of 17. The days of High school to be exact. The days when 'if it wasn't Flex it wasn't "shhhh" '. The era of Dance crews, Ice Berg, Moschino, where EVERYONE was Crip (KC1, Haitian Mafia, BMW, G stone or Rollin 60's...), Basement parties and Bashments.

Welcome, to Flatbush circa 1999.

(...skip to 1:30)

1 comment:

Culture Snobette said...

OMG!! i think i see myself in that pic....in the back the shorty with the bangs and shiny guess jeans with the jacket & Jordans to match.
Nothing beats BK in its Flex Days!!