Tuesday, February 3, 2009

100TH POST!!

"It's a CELEBRATION BETCH!!"

Nah, but fo' real tho'. We at Writer's Block are proud to announce our 100th post, and thanks to all our "Ryde or Dye" readers, and RSS subscribers, and you visitors who occasionally grace us with your presence you deserve an applause.
In other news. It has been my observation that in '08 the trend was auto-tune and swagger jacking. Now that the word "swagger" has been officially eliminated from all of our '09 vocabularies, it has been substituted by Gibberish. Not not the word gibberish literally, but honestly for shame I think that the trend in music is to create music that no one can decipher.

It all started off with the Ting Tings "Impacilla Carpisung," which honestly has about 3 real words total and the rest is a collection of sounds, with no meaning. Leaving the listener to interpret what they want. I guess Ryan Leslie took that and ran with it with his next single "Gibberish." Wsdfaweknfir, what?! I'm getting my '09 vocab on, hehe.
song via herfection.com

1 comment:

RIPMC said...

Happy 100th post!

Funny, I was listening to that ting ting song this morning :-) we must be in tune.

And yes GRN I agree. Everyone is on this being different grind OD. Its funny I was just talking about it, saying, "everybody's" trying to be "different". What we have are a bunch of walking oxymorons. (More 'moron' than 'oxy')

....which is cool. But folks, lets not forget about content....or quality. This song is cool as an Idea/Concept, though, poorly executed. Sorry Ryan.

To back up my statement, I'd like to present proof that not only has it already been done (by one of the Oracles of this R&B sht, bout 2+ years ago....smh), it was done better.

Ladies and Gents....exhibit "A".
(as in D'A'ngelo)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8D-xTiIVyE