Thursday, November 13, 2008

Swedish Fish < Swedish Music

It seems that currently Sweden is producing more than just their Red 40 dye colored sweets...
Swedish Fish Pictures, Images and Photos
...they are producing another treat. Swedish music has managed within a short span of years to cultivate my groupie longings for artists such as Lykke Li, Lo-Fi-Fnk, Robyn, Little Dragon, & the Teddybears.

Let's starts off with my personal favs, Lo-Fi-Fnk, they are like an androgenous version of Uffie on 'shrooms. I swear I am addicted.

Lykkie Li is like Mary-Kate Olsen on acid, with a little bit more meat on her bones.

Then I had to join a 12-step program to get myself off of my Robyn addiction. But I've relapsed, she had my heart since I was in JHS listening to her teenie bop "If You Really Want Me" but honestly you gotta commend her for constantly switching up the style and always leaving you guessing.

Listening to Little Dragon is like taking a trip through Erykah Badu's third eye accompanied with a mp3 player blasting a live performance of a Swedish fish flavored Jack Davey with a psychedelic tambourine player.

The Teddybears are like .... well they just are. DON'T JUDGE THEM!

No comments: