Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Call Into Work as Gay

Ever woke up and didn't want to go to work, school, or even get up and brush your teeth. Well if you have ever suffered from the aforementioned situations, then today was your day. December 10, 208 was the official "Call in Gay" day. The event was coined with the term Day Without A Gay. According to the official website http://www.daywithoutagay.org/, the focus of this mass protest was "to take a historic stance against hatred by donating love to a variety of different causes."

The main motive was to volunteer time, and show that gay people are an equal part of society, and that they too are compassionate and loving. So the point was not to call your boss like "Hey, I'm not coming into work today...I'm gay" and then go home and sit on your bum, watching the Maury show. The point was to spend the time doing worthwhile volunteer work, as a statement against California's ban on same-sex marriage, along with other political developments considered anti-gay.

While scrolling through the many questions on the facts page I found two that were very demostrative of the creativeness that this community provides us with:

Will this get me on Oprah?
If it will get you to help out, then...yes...you'll be on Oprah, Honey

I can't take the day off work (or school) because I work for the FBI and people kinda need me to be there. Do you hate me?
Umm...NO! Come help before or after work, or help facilitate opportunities for friends through the web site now, or just cheer us on!

2 comments:

NA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NA said...

Interesting, I wonder what folks will come up with next. I'll wait.