Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Winter Avalanches

So here I am pondering on this new found winter wonderland of weather, and my mind happened to wander opun the Australian electronic music group that is The Avalanches.

They have not released an album since November 2000. Kind of leaves me to wonder if they will ever return and bless us with their music again??

Like this is my favortie single they released...Here was a beautiful piece of musical art made entirely from samples of Kid Creole, Madonna, Jimmy Webb, Sergio Mendez, Mandrill, De La Soul and the Osmonds. Enjoy the video.

I love the concept behind their music, for example their last album Since I Left You was sampled from over 3,500 vinyl samples. So my christmas wish to Santa this year:

"Dear Santa, make the Avlanches release another album in 2009, I've been such a good girl"

No comments: