Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Harlem Girl by Way of Queens


Charles Hamilton, was someone I remember bumpin' into back in 2006 at a Writer's Block event...of course!!, and I must say i am proud to see how far he has gotten. I just remember seein' this cat rockin' mad pink clothes all the time. Characteristically, a pink button down, under another t-shirt.

It seems to me that his Hamiltonization Process, of dropping a new mixtape every 2 weeks, has definitely paid off. He is now signed to Interscope Records, and his latest joint The Pink Lavalamp was on Onsmash.com

This is his first single, "Brooklyn Girls," is now on rotation on MTV, and he was also featured on a cover of XXL Magazine titled "The 10 Freshmans". Sonic The HedgeHog never got so much press.

I mean personally I am a Queens girls, currently residing in Harlem, soon to be residing in Upstate NY. But I can't hate on them BK girls, they got something special.

No comments: