Monday, December 8, 2008

I Got You at Ballpoint

...and there ain't nothing you can do about it. Juan Francisco Casas Ruiz has managed to hold the art world hostage at "ballpoint." He has literally used his writing utensil as a weapon of mass destruction, destroying the mindsets of people. He single handily creates pictorial symphonies. I'm bout to make a little trip over to Staples to cop some highlighters and create something special.


On the other side of the world, SHOHEI, a one name Japanese dude is creating another kind of artistic massacre with a black ballpoint pen. In an interview with Vice magazine, the artist states "At first I was using pencils, but I didn’t like the way that the pencil lines shone silver. Then I realized that ballpoints are cheap, so I’ve been using them for a while now. "


His color scheme is based on ancient Japanese make-up that contained only three colors: red, white, and black. If his day job don't work out, I guess he could work at MAC. That's besides the point. Let's get back to the "ballpoint," this 'ish is fly.

No comments: