Thursday, January 8, 2009

Colin Munroe: Piano Lessons



So Colin Munroe has released Unsung Hero Mixtape [Marked Music/Rowdy Records; 2009], as you already know if you keep up with this blog, and on it is this beauty "Piano Lessons" produced by Black Milk. Personally, I loved this song when I heard it on the mixtape because it was so simple. Did you peep the Dr. Seuss's Put Me In a Zoo book? Interesting way to transmit a message.

Mr. Munroe with his sarcastic hook "Don't bet on me, I'm a long shot," I think summarizes the thought in all of our heads when we are forced to do something. But don't forget, "In a million, you might be the one." So, on that note, I am going to attempt at playing my little dusty keyboard, wish me luck! haha!

By the way, Theophilus London put on a wonderful performace last night at Webster's Hall Studio. He definitely jumped into the crowd and onto my head, but it was all LOVE! I am soo anticipating This Charming Mixtape, dropping January 26, 2009.

No comments: