Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Prom Queensss

"I loved her fancy underwear, I sit behind her every year,"
"Waiting for the chance to get to tell her I'm the one she should be with."

I guess that the Hip-Hop Queen Weezy-F Lady, has really tried to "re-invent" himself with this Prom Queen track that he dropped. This song is the lead cut off of his rock LP Rebirth (due April 7). Click the link to listen to it here.

I guess somebody didn't enjoy their high school memories, but it's a little late to lash out at her now, don't ya think???

"She had it all figured out/ She left me with a broken heart,"
"F---ed around and turned me down/ 'Cause she didn't think I could play the part/ Now the prom queen, the prom queen is crying, sitting outside of my door/ You never know how everything could turn around."

But may I remind you who started this movement, James Spooner, and the rest of the Afro-Punk Rockers who have been doing this since before Weezy got his lip ring....


No comments: