Monday, January 12, 2009

A Loss to the Community

Heart felt condolences go out to the families of Andre Saunders Jr., 32, and Lemarr Wilson, 21 who were killed yesterday in South Side, Jamaica Queens. Being a native from Queens and knowing people from South Jamaica Housing projects, this really hit home for me.

It is so sad to see young black men lost, and what is even sadder is that they were just trying to make a music and art, and they were hindered in the process. Just being in the wrong place, at the wrong time. SMH!

For those not familiar, a shooting occurred just after 4:30 p.m. at 160th Street and 109th Avenue, while a music video was being filmed in broad daylight on Sunday afternoon. The two men were killed in the crossfire, and another 17 year old young man was injured. We need to pay attention, and stop leeching our community of its black men. We have a new president, and we made a change in the White House, let's make a change in our houses now....


2 comments:

RIPMC said...

Theres a lot of things I have to say right now. A lot. But I wont. Instead, I encourage everyone that reads this post to start to take an account for their community. The Black community. Realize that it is your duty to look after me as if I were your brother. Protect me like the family that I am. We are not United and it shows. We do not take these police killings personally. We need to start taking them personally. If someone shot me...I would not be writing a post on myspace, facebook or on a blog. I would be too busy in the court room, I would be too busy in the streets. That is we're justice is found. Black people we need a community. A black community. We need to stand and unite. As of now we are devided. We are falling.

RIPMC said...

GRNP, Thank you for the Post btw.