Tuesday, January 6, 2009

La science des rêves (The Science of Sleep)

Sometimes I wake up from a dream, and it was so nostalogic that I just wanted to write down every second of REM that I could. But usually as soon as I find a pen and paper the imaginatory thoughts dribble out of my consciousness like a leaky cup.

Well it seems as though all of the REM goodness has funneled itsel into this french film, The Science of Sleep. I am a BIG FAN of French films, espcially the ones that curse in french and then write the words out in English in the bottom of the screen captions.

I just watched this film today, and my mind is blown by its awesomeness. It is like the inversion of dream and reality in art form. So yeah here is the trailer:



I mean the film is in French, but there is an English version avaliable, and it came out in 2006. The use of cardboard, water, and felt (with obvious stitches), all make the film become that much more real. As if the paper mache 3-D is more realistic than life itself.

2 comments:

RIPMC said...

Amazing fact: Our old media guy Conor (who did great work btw), over the past summer was actually working with this french Director you speak of. It was then that he no longer had time to work with us...for shame.

GRN[pea] said...

for shame...
haha